The University of Connecticut Health Center (UCHC) Master Plan was developed to guide the physical development on the Farmington campus for the next ten years. During the preceding years the health care system has been subject to a number of challenges. Among these are reductions in federal funding and increased competition from larger for-profit and not-for-profit hospitals. During the same period, the research profile of the School of Medicine has grown, and the Dental School is recognized as the best in the country for the strength of its basic science based program and research active faculty.
The primary purpose of the Campus Master Plan is to guide the physical development of the campus in supporting the evolution of programs as they change and grow during the next decade.
- Protect and improve the campus environment
- Provide for improvements in patient care facilities
- Ensure the quality of educational programs and allow for their evolution
- Provide for increases for research activity
- Accommodate increases in ambulatory care
- Foster efficient utilization of facilities
Health Center Campus
Click on image for large view.